As tonight is Halloween, lots of you will be heading out on the streets to trick or treat.
We’ve put together some tips to help you enjoy trick or treating, while staying safe.
- Make sure a responsible adult or guardian goes with you
- Plan your route before you leave the house and make sure someone else knows where you are going – those skills you learned in Scouts will help you here!
- Carry a torch and wear reflective or light-coloured clothing so you can be seen
- Stay close to home and if possible only visit the houses of people you know
- NEVER enter a stranger’s home
- Stay on pavements and check carefully before crossing a road – especially if there’s a large group of you
- Throw away any treats or sweets that have been opened or unwrapped
- If you are wearing a mask, make sure that you can see clearly out of it
- Make sure your costume is warm – it is almost November!
but most of all, have fun and stay safe!