This is a one-off training event to validate existing managers (Commisioners and GSLs) with outstanding training requirements prior to the introduction of the new Leadership & Management Training.
Morning Session to include:
- Module 21 Growing the Movement – Covers ways in which a manager or supporter can help develop the movement and facilitate the growth of scouting in their area.
- Module 23 Safety for Managers and Supporters – This module aims to cover specific roles, responsibilities and systems for ensuring safe Scouting.
Lunch – Provided
Afternoon Session to include:
- Module 24 Managing Adults – This module aims to cover the skills and knowledge required to enable participants to provide effective management of adults.
- Module 25 Assessing Learning -Managers will be required to demonstrate an understanding of The Scout Association’s Adult Training Scheme, brief others and support those they manage through the scheme.
- Module 26 Supporting Adults – This module aims to cover the skills and knowledge required to enable Managers to provide effective support to adults in sections.
To enable the workshop on a single day requires all attendees to complete relevant workbooks in advance.
Links to the required workbooks are below: